Thursday, October 17, 2013

Galantry : The Proposal

All this wedding frenzy started on a leap day which literally made my heart leap. It was February 29th 2012, and this guy kept on insisting for a meet up.

We were never officially a couple, since we'd been friends at work for 4 years. We usually went for lunch with a bunch of friends, and we never really hung out together until 2010. Even then, I didn't really hang out with him. It was situational as the office was doing a big move and we were the ones impacted by it. Also, since I was always "one of the guys", eventually we started to cross paths a little more often.

So things took off from there, we went from colleagues to friends and later as confidantes to each other. It was rather funny since I used to watch a lot of The Office, and our dynamics were a lot like Jim and Pam's.

Back to February 29th 2012, he kept insisting to meet up. At the time, I'd just resigned from the office where we worked together in the suburbs, and moved back to Jakarta. After resigning we usually only meet during weekends, but today he said there was something important. I'd already had something scheduled with a friend and wouldn't be available until late, and he still insisted on picking me up afterwards.

There we were, late on a wednesday night, sitting on my living room couch. I forgot what we were talking about when he suddenly said
Let's get married.
To which I came up with the wittiest reply
Are you serious?
Of all the possible proposal scenarios in the world, this one never came to mind.
I accepted anyway ;)

Picture taken from this post - click to see one of the cutest wedding proposals ever

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...