Thursday, November 21, 2013

Green, Grey, Gold : Choosing a Color Pallette


The Goal : Green

...there wasn't really any goal. Teeheehee....
Basically I liked the color green - or chartreuse, to be exact - and it was in tune with the whole garden wedding I envisioned. So this was the color pallette that became my initial inspiration : 

Off-base neutrals with a slight kick of color
This may also be influenced by some of my go-to wedding sites : Green Wedding Shoes and Grey Likes Weddings. The website titles kinda give it off huh?

Things were basically on track during preparations for my engagement day. I found a chartreuse lace fabric for the engagement kebaya, coordinating tulle fabric for the DIY decorations, and a lot of green/chartreuse colored printables. 


I originally fell in love with this lace fabric. Alas, out of the price range!

The Glitch

The thing was...since I already chose the perfect color for my engagement kebaya, it was soooo hard to find something better for my wedding reception. Oh bridezilla brain, why'd you have to think in such a complicated way? 

After months of searching, I finally fell in love again. Problem? It was nowhere near my previous pallette of subtle greens and greys.

I'm a sucker for glitter and glam.

What the fabric was, in a nutshell, nothing more than some beads and faux rhinestones sewed onto a pale golden tulle. But boy, did it look amazing! Before, I had some hesitations that the reception venue's grandeur would far outshine the bridal party's costume. That would not be the case with this fabric in tow - even with the simplest silhouettes my dress would still scream "glam". 

With all that embellishment, and taking the venue into consideration, I thought why not go art deco? And so, I added some new colors to complement the previous pallette.

(Dusty) Green, (Muted) Grey, (Antique) Gold


Good to Know : Color Pallette Inspirations

If you are like me and clueless about color combinations, there are a lot of amazing sources for inspiration. All the pallettes included in this post are taken from Design Seeds

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...